Drones or UAVs are used frequently for inspection and monitoring of industrial and residential areas because these flying equipments, equipped with special cameras, allow obtaining spatial images of the elements of interest: buildings, cooling towers, chimneys and exhaust toxic gases etc.
Applications of aerial photography for industrial and residential buildings:
- Updated site pictures
- Updating utility networks
- Quality equipment inspection
- Monitor the progress of ongoing building
- Volumetric approximations
- Layout plans
- Oblique and panoramic photography
Aerial images can be achieved in different spectra, depending on the purpose – visible, infrared, multispectral.